Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Easy Mellow (A Poem) and a small tribute to Glen Campbell

Just read a report that Glen Campbell has Alzheimer's Disease which is very sad news. I wrote this poem years ago but I think it is a nice tribute to the man.  If you don't know the song Wichita Lineman I suggest you search for it...it'll move you to tears...so help me God....tears.


Glen Campbell
in front of
cheesy strings
sings mellow
lines

I drink my
cheap coffee
sitting back
easy
in this chair

listening

Jesus he
was good

so good
before he
commited the sin
of
Rhinestone Cowboy

it stained him
you know

but
damn,
for the past
half hour
I've been
playing
Wichita Lineman

getting a good
depression
on me
like a farmers
tan

I'm happy
but sad

listening

good tunes
can do that

this one is
a long distance
blown kiss

it's good
and I
am as
well

No comments:

Post a Comment