Monday, June 13, 2011

Fat Lip (A Poem)

While Buddha
Gave me a
Fat lip

Lao Tzu sat around
Laughing like
A hyena
Pointing his
Finger
In my
Direction
And urging
The fat man
On

It was not
One of my
Better days

I put a steak
On my lip
When I got settled
At home
And threw
On
Sympathy For The Devil
And tried to dance
Around
But
My heart
Was just
Not in it

I was a victim
Of a crime
After all

I wrote in my
Journal
For a stretch
Under the miracle
Of electric light
And
Tried to
Calm down
By
Smoking a pipe
And
Tickling myself
With the feather
Pen

After a while
I was found in
A good mood
And
Forgot all about
My adventures
With the two
Great
Philosophers

I swore no
Revenge and
Even
Polished my
Little statue of
Siddartha
And placed it back
On the top
Of my
Book shelf

All is forgiven

This time around

Next life
Well, we will see

***This poem can be found in my book Dead Hip***

No comments:

Post a Comment