Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hunger (A Poem) by Kevin Heyne


Read along with me...follow the bouncing ball.


There is a
Hunger
Inside
Of me that needs
To get out

I stare into
Her photographic
Eyes
For hours at a time

Some call me crazy
Off the mark and
Full of monkey
Bananas

But they just don’t
Understand
How I feel
About it
All

She gives me a hunger
In my soul
That needs to be
Addressed

I would settle for
A hand in hand
Moment
Or perhaps
A side by side
Movie marathon
On her sofa

I’ll take
Anything,
Anything to fill this
Void up

This empty
Pocket
In the back of my
Heart

And her voice
That shines with S E X
Slithers around my ears
Fills my head with
Such strong desire
That I have to laugh at it’s
Strong power that it holds
Over me

I could look at this
Angel until the very
End of time
And I would never miss
The opportunity
To simply open her
Car door for her
Every time

I want this woman
To feed me daily
Every time the clock
Hits the 24 mark

And no one will
Ever get it
That’s fine with me
So long as
She
She gets it

I believe she does

I’m going to
Stick around much
 Longer
Than I had planned

Just to see
What is going to
Happen
Next

Will she put those
Lips to mine?
That hand to fall into
My warm palm? 

There is a
Hunger
Inside
Of me that needs
To get out

And she gets it
She really does

God bless her

May she always be
My delicious
Baby doll
The one I will
Taste forever

In my mouth
On my tongue

Simply just
All around
Me

I couldn’t ask
For more

Let the feast begin
Honey

Ok?

1 comment:

  1. Nice read, i know it was tough for you.It honestly sounded great. the poem is outstanding. Keep recording( gets easier ). sincerely,smitty

    ReplyDelete