Monday, October 11, 2010

Fresh


above my fresh beard
sits a starvation mouth

I am
slowly
killing myself

on
purpose

just to give me something to do
between the early hours
of
3 to 6

and so
passing the plates to the ghost
next to me
I smell the green beans and
Doritos

while I compile a mental list of
five things
I would rather be doing
right now

below
my fresh mouth
sits a starvation beard

as the hours bleed into
each other
I try to recall
what my life was like
before
I was born

white lights
and delicate roses
in cracked vases
surrounded by
peeling wallpaper
with designs of
purple lilacs

I want to go home again
and I am well
on my way

and my lips will
never touch
anything again
while my fist
pumps below the belt
with God in the next room
pounding on the walls
telling me to
keep the racket down

I will
as my beard grows like daisies in the sun
and my starvation
becomes just another report in the local newspaper












No comments:

Post a Comment