Friday, October 8, 2010

Numbered

wishes
find their way
into
my soft skull head

love a plenty

with swollen knees
and blurry insane eyes

flip through the
delicate papers

with a narrow spine
and numbered
like
every hair

I finalize my
love

my booming heart
set's it's course
to lands
not yet discovered
by these four
eye's of mine

I grow
with knowledge
in her
mother's hands
and like autumn leaves
she falls to greet me
as I leave my old
doorway

with the keys
jingling in my
tight fist
I shake my
pitch black
anxiety
off and a new
coat of skin
replaces it

I've come down
from my tree
to face her
for the first time
with my
curiosity
peaking high in
the alps
where the ark
lay's in wait

with my
two
by
two
heart

I cross the street
to get to
her side of town

the first time
I was asked to come

I go with bells on
with every one
of my wishes tattooed
inside my eyelids

now,
for all to see

I drop
my calendar
into the river
and have no
intention
of replacing it

I'll make each day
vibrate with wisdom

shine through the
holy smoke

my head feels fine
for the first time
in ages

yes,
even a grin finds
it's way
onto my
pondering face

and then
I rested
in my solitaire bed
but for the first time
I was not all
that alone

No comments:

Post a Comment