Saturday, September 11, 2010

He Was Big

Not everyone can scream like him
His honey pie voice
Kills me
As it screeches from my
Five feet tall speakers

(You can call him
Frank
Or
Black)

Saw him in person
Once when
I was in
New York City
Walking around with
A can of beer in a
Paper bag

I was on my way
To a club
When this large
Obese man
Walked in front of me

I had to…
Just had to stop him
And thank him
For the joy he has
Brought me over the years

I told him my name and
He listened to me
Patiently as I
Quickly explained to him
That he can really
Rock and Roll

And then he asked me a question

“Just wondering Kevin but
What album of mine is your favorite?”

He spoke to me
And was curious,
I liked that

All of his cd’s popped in my head
And I narrowed them down to
Two
And then
Like a quarter in my mind
I flipped it and told him
That if I had to
I would pick
His
Bossanova
Album

“Why?”

It’s like alien surf music,
Its razor wire hung up
As a noose,
It’s a perfect album
For any occasion.
I love that one most.

He nodded his head and
Thanked me and shook
My hand
And walked on his way

Well, I thought
I just met
A hero of mine.

I took a sip from my beer
And pulled out a
Camel and lit it despite the
Strong NYC wind

I walked towards my
Destination
With a smile
On my face
And looking forward
To telling
Anyone
All about my
Encounter
With
The largest
Rock star
On the planet

No comments:

Post a Comment