Sunday, September 12, 2010

Volkswagen


I don’t have
what you would call
a roving eye

I don’t rubber neck
at every skirt
I see,
this town is full
of men
like that

I see them in
their car in front
of me
twisting their
necks at woman
as they drive by them

this amuses me

I am not one of them

But

I will admit
that I have a thing
for Volkswagen's
..and the women who drive them

I have no reason why
but
if I catch a glimpse
of a VW
I turn my head to take a
peek at the driver

I am not proud of that.

But
today,
this morning
I saw one pull up
in front of me
at the parking lot
of the local library

I had just left
the building and
decided to slow down
my step to see what
exited the
car

I saw her shoe hit the pavement
then one leg wrapped in nylon
then the other leg
the bottom of her dress was next
and with it
the rest of her body

she stood
in a blue dress,
knee length..
a wonderful pattern with
little daisies

long brown hair
that framed the
beauty of her face

her eyes
her dark eyes
blinked a bit
adjusting to the
sunlight and reflections

she put her keys
in her purse
ran her hand through her hair
and began walking
towards the
library...
towards me

she looked at me
as she filed by
and smiled

she smiled at me

not a "you don’t have a chance in the world buddy"
kind of smile...
more a
"Aint it a wonderful day to go to the library"
smile

I smiled back
and we both kept walking
in opposite directions

Now,
now there’s no reason to look at
  Volkswagen's anymore.
I had found the holy grail of VW drivers

So,
I write this poem for her
my German goddess

you don’t know it
but
there is a man
under a ceiling fan
writing a poem
about you
and so help me
my heart
is still
racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment