Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When The Lights Go Out


when the lights go out
I am all warm palm
and tongue

on your brunette hair
boasts the cutest
of barrettes
with dainty flowers
of
pretty
pale
pink

with our legs
smooth
sliding up and down
under the comfort of
expensive bedding
we smile under
the cover of darkness

I can hear your
lips
curl up

and not even
music can
perfect this moment
  this wonderful January evening
with the air outside
still and cold

blood boiled
with rose wine
and strawberry slices
as you whisper my
name
with a temptress tongue

and I respond

I respond
coming on
as the minutes
flow into each other
and children sleep away
in beds built for one
under pooh-bear
light
   the faintest of glimmers

but I have you now
and it is where you want
to be
with midnight
ringing from the
grandfather chime
which we choose
to ignore

and it would be
easy to say
I love you
but
sometimes the words
just fit
so
I
produce those words
from a fiery mouth
that can be so cool
upon your
lovers flesh

and within your
precious head
it bounces around
and soon finds its home
directly
behind your shining eyes
and there it will echo
for as long
as all things
can last

when the lights go out
we are a
warm palm
together
with no need
to count down
any minutes
or
seconds
  simply
laying in the
perfect time
that we have
together now













No comments:

Post a Comment