Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vibes

and on plays the vibes
so tasty and sweet
for this sore body
I inhabit tonight

some strange gentleman
tickling the ivories
and the drummer
has a head ache

I know this
as he is playing
his tune
so softly

too soft

so much so that
it
is
bugging me slightly

but this stereo long player
(going in tired circles
at thirty three and a third)
will have another
song to play
with a different drummer
and all will be good
in my world again

as I sip from my
mug
on the bottom
is a soggy chamomile bag
that was once
proud and dry
in a flowery box
but now
I have the flavor
all for myself
and that is
simply great

and if I wanted to
I could reach up now
and pick the fruit
from my tree
dreaming that I am God

so,
let the music play on
let the saxophone chime out
into my night
and bring a smile to my face

I love nights like this
and only a hunger
could bring me down now
so
I push all temptations aside
and stare at the vinyl
spinning underneath the sharp needle
as I tap my ten toes
in unison 
to the beat
and the phone
will no longer ring
and my pet animals
will remained
curled under my chair
and that is just
fine by me

sometimes
I love my life
and right now
I fucking adore it
to pieces

all is right in my world

finally

as the drummer rises
to make way
for the next fella
and I applaud
with the clapping echoing
throughout my home

raining down upon me
and the next track begins
as I remain seated
in love with
just about
everything
tonight

and that is a
good
thing











No comments:

Post a Comment