Monday, December 6, 2010

Agatha Christie Poem




ah yes,
I have it now
in my possession

I hold on to it
like a holy relic
and I won’t
let go of it
ever

I can tell you
so many things about it
  how much I love it
 what it means to me
but
I like secrets

I love a good mystery
so my lips
are zipped up
and I won’t
spill anything out

but I’d like to write about it
for a second here

it’s so bright
that I can hardly see it

it reflects in the sun
and it is
truly free

I wrap my arms around it
and it gives as good
as it gets
and I like that
about it

it can breathe at times
and also
sings falsetto
but it hardly ever does

most of the time
it lies there
motionless
sleeping as it were

it’s been tried
and It is true

I don’t wake alone anymore
and it can
never leave me
even if it wanted to

it can dig in deep
to my soul
without so much as a
pinch of pain

it will not cry
but it can make a scene
at times
growing louder
ever second
until I beg for it
to hush itself
and it does listen when
I speak

I like that about it
very much

and so
this yodeling mystery
is not human nor is it
machine

it can smell of roses
at times
and never
has to eat
a thing

I am stuck with it though
and that is fine and dandy
by me

I love it
and though it cannot
love me back
 it is my best friend
and I would be
totally lost
without it

and so
this is the poem
I promised it
though it cannot
read

it will be happy
that it exists though

and I am glad that it does
as well

may God bless this
little thing
that I love so dearly

God bless it
indeed







No comments:

Post a Comment