Thursday, November 4, 2010

Amen


the signature groan of the climax
from the piano keys
grinds in my
willing ears
as I
dance the rumba
with the family looking on
drunk and confused at my new
outlandish ways

dressed in pink
I swear off polka dots
(for now)
and hard cider
which is made
primarily for
pussies with
popped collars and
dumb blondes at their sides
glowing in a fake tan orange
which makes my eyes
peel out of their sockets

but the keyboard again
doing its thing

even though the British dogs bark
and my feet are in agony
the party is going to go
all night
and the magic of a cocktail
can be found between the fingers
of a real looker
whom I’d like to
make
now
and often

but my luck
runs bad
and my looks are like a 1969 sock
after a hard day
on the plantation
with Eddie Cochran
singing the blues
under wilting clouds
that want to
call it a day

music is my friend
it’s more than a love affair
it is dig dirty down
love
and
my piano...
proud in the corner
stands braver than any
Iwo Jima solider
smoking sulfur cigarettes
as the shit comes at them
hard
and
heavy

my love is a dangling D chord
followed by a simple C
and soon
we have a melody
happening
and though I am dancing alone
I cannot help but smile
as the onlookers
wish me well
with my ghostly partner
and I love
everything

but this song
…this song
really makes it for me
and I can’t help but scream
that I
love my life
and surprised with such a statement
my razor blade past
pollutes my wrists
I say it again

I
love
my life

can somebody
photograph this scene
before it
spoils
and the tunes
turn dark?

one shot is all I ask…
one simple
-flash-
and captured on paper
I will live
happy
forever

can I get an
amen?

can I now please?

amen










No comments:

Post a Comment