Friday, November 19, 2010

Breathing


he was
playing
Paul Simon's
song
boy in the bubble
over
and
over

it got to
be crazy

so I said
to him

dude...
next tune..
OK?

and that’s when
he went
a bit nuts

yelling that
every song
should include
an accordion

"its like
breathing ...
its like
life ...
this song means
everything
to me ...
don't you understand?
you of all people
should understand
!"

OK
OK

I took to
the couch
alone in the
living room
and sat
with my beer

he came up
to me
a while later

"I’m sorry
for yelling dude
I just happen
to like that
song
a lot"

like a bomb in
a baby carriage
eh?

"like my life
depends on
it"

I walked to the kitchen
and turned the
CD off

I opened the
fridge

and grabbed another
beer

opened it ...

it was breathing

it was breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment