Saturday, November 6, 2010

Me or You


your  next poem
cannot be about music…
you have no idea
how lame and boring they are
so
write about something else…
anything

ok…
so here I am
with a pulsating toothache
and a miserable cat
who can’t seem to find
anything to
cheer herself up
so she meows
at my feet
as I suck on a
medicine ball
hoping to numb my painful gums

me, sitting in complete silence
with the house
full of muted ghosts
who whisper past me
in shades of gray and white
like all dead spirits do
and I find that my socks
are drooping down near my ankle
and as soon as I realize that
it strikes me that
I
really don’t
give
a shit

and from the street below me
I hear a car radio
blaring,
coming through my tightly closed
November panes
and I recognize the tune…
it’s an oldie
from the eighties
that wasn’t an oldie
when I first heard it
so I open my
Windows Notepad
and wrote down
the title of the song
and a full
500 word poem about it
but
you
would find it boring
so
I closed it up
and stashed it away
in my
‘never to be seen’ folder
and wrote this one
despite the fact
that it bored
me
and I can’t decide
whom I should
make suffer

me
or
you









No comments:

Post a Comment