Sunday, February 6, 2011

As It Happens All Around Us


over the sea’s…
under the darkened clouds
 a passionate angel with wings
dominates the weather
and sitting in a lotus position
I can be found
tearing up
at the beauty of the woman
I adore
(I don’t adore much
but when I do
it is with
all
of my
heart)

the concrete around me
begins to rattle
like a martini with an ice cube olive
and the clocks lose all of their
arms and legs
but the faces remain
with dumb roman numerals
trying to show off
for the hell of it

all panic now,
the towers of phony architecture
falls in a neon green heap
nuclear wasted and cigarette smoking

I heave peace signs
at the local officers
who demand an apology from me
but she’ll be waiting a long time
for that to come her way
she, a paper rose with no scent
of honey to breath in

but see here now
the clouds part like a woman’s legs
and flowers in flames leap out
of that sugar hole,
pedals fall around me
and my lady,
dressed in a thorny blouse and a hat made of butterflies
simply sings a tender song
and smiles at the horrific fire that
rises
like a phoenix in a water balloon

so give me that kissing epoxy
from your soft contented lips
your Easter bunny love 
that I can hold in my hand
as all hell breaks loose

but it is you and I forever
riding that wave to stage right
and we are survivors
of the Fathers wrath
and your breasts swell
and my chest
 heaves and ho’s
and we’ll be just fine

you and I

just fine


1 comment: