Thursday, February 17, 2011

My 25 Favorite Albums Of All Time...Add Yours.

      I like lists...I like to compile them and to read them.  For the hell of it I am posting my top 25 favorite record albums and I would very much like to see yours as well. So go ahead and post your top albums.
  It was very hard to narrow down the Beatles records to only two. They released 12 albums in the UK along with the Magical Mystery Tour EP and anyone of them could have been on this list.  Same goes with Bob Dylan to a lesser extent.  Not every album by Dylan is a masterpiece but one could argue that every record he released in the 60’s was indeed a masterpiece and I would be in that group but I had to add Oh, Mercy (From 1989)  because it is a damn fine record and it holds some personal connections to me.
  The Clash album I picked is a no brainer and I almost added their first record but in the end had to pass it to make room for other albums. Ween, Otis, Xtc and Zappa with the Mothers could all have had another record added to the list as they are deep in my heart favorites but to not include Andre Popp or Serge Gainsbourg would have been a travesty! A travesty I tells ya!
  So..go ahead and let me know what you think of my list and be sure to leave a comment including your picks. Thanks!

25 Favorite albums:

Revolver & Rubber Soul by The Beatles
London Calling by The Clash
The Definitive Otis Redding
Blonde on Blonde & Oh Mercy by Bob Dylan
Wasp Star by XTC
Pure Guava by Ween
The Spine by They Might Be Giants
We’re Only In It For The Money –Frank  Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
Trompe Le Monde by The Pixies
Party of One by Nick Lowe
East Side Story by Squeeze
The Complete Stax/Volt Singles – Various Artists
Fuzzy Warbles by Andy Partridge
The Complete Buddy Holly
The Best of Esquivel
The Queen is Dead by The Smiths
Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
Paul’s Boutique by The Beastie Boys
Delirium In Hi-Fi by Andre Popp (AKA: Elsa Popping and her Pixieland Band)
Dirty by Sonic Youth
Space Escapade by Les Baxter
Psonic Psunspot by The Dukes of Stratosphere
Comic Strip by Serge Gainsbourg









No comments:

Post a Comment