Saturday, February 5, 2011

Radio Show 14...Songs I wish I wrote

I remember making lists like this with my pal Adam when we was just wee lads so I thought it would be fun to make a show based around tunes that I would do anything to have written. Obviously this is not a complete list and the second I finished this show I had more songs popping in my head...but this is good for now I guess. I hope you enjoy it.

In quintessence - squeeze
in my life - beatles
dedicated follow of fashion - kinks
I'm the man who murdered love - xtc
shockadelica - prince
speedy marie - frank black
complete control - the clash
watch your step -elvis costello
it's all right ma (I'm only bleeding) - bob dylan
whats shaking on the hill - nick lowe
not crazy - dead milkmen
f-hole - squeeze
we're all light - xtc
thats not me - beach boys
teenage riot - sonic youth
village green - the kinks











2 comments:

  1. my favorite version of"it's awright" was when i saw him at the "Forum" (bingo)i think it was the night before the"30 aniv dylan at MSG NY. do you rememder. my favotite "D" show.(3 more since)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw old Bob at SUNY this last November..it was Raymonds first concert and it ruled..those who say Dylan can't bring it live anymore obviously don't know real good old fashioned rock and blues. He was great and Ray gave it thumbs up by saying that the show was "epic." And it was. But seeing him in front row center at the Arena was something ever splendid. Though I do cringe when I think of dancing there like a fool for the whole place to see. And the worst part was that I was stone cold sober...I drink so I can forget!

    ReplyDelete