Thursday, February 3, 2011

Buddy Holly (A Poem)

On this date in 1959 Buddy Holly's plane went down making this one shitty date to remember.  Buddy Holly was/is one of the all time greats and without him music as we know it would be significantly different. So, in honor of Buddy I give to you this poem.


bubbles
pour out of my speakers
this delicious treat
enters my body
…ears first
and I rise to dance across the room
with a ballerinas skill
above the ragged carpet and
among four plain
white
walls

I place my hand
over my heart
reciting the lyrics
like a proud patriot
aloud
with the windows closed
as so not tempt
my neighbors
to knock upon my door
and ruin
this fantastic vibration
I am surfing on

shirtless
with my tattoo
proud
with a black ink magic
I wipe the sweat from my brow
and continue on
until
the song
reaches it’s
conclusion

and then…
silence
the record stops revolving,
the arm goes up
and heads over to the cradle
leaving me
wiped out
and spent

I love nights like this one
when music pulls me in
by the throat
and I am its submissive admirer

music…
place it into my head
and I am a happy man
like tonight
with the simple
three chord
rock and roll

Buddy Holly
you can reach places
that others can only dream of
and for that
I am extremely thankful

may you rest easy up there
and
leave all the sweating and grooving
to me

I got it covered
man



 

No comments:

Post a Comment