Saturday, February 12, 2011

Black Tooth Blues

as the music drips
like a frothy honey
from my ancient speakers
with an Esquivel orchestrated group
of violinists and percussionists
you can find me
pulling on my black teeth
with nimble fingers
and a lions persistence

agony…
I hold you with great tenderness
and you
in return
never leave me
alone
no matter the suns direction
or the moons cheesy
coldness
you
…my sweet pain
are addicted to me
as I was once to cold beer
and cigarettes
and today
all I need is
the warmth of liquid
oral anesthetic
and a cotton ball
to shove inside my
blinded mouth
which has long ago
risen the white flag

but
so far
this music that I play
has risen like an
Jesus miracle
and looking down I notice
that I have as well
(…good tunes
can do that to a man)
so I undo what I earlier did
and I pull it on out
to find it
growing like a liars fabrication
and smiling
I bring a tear to its eye

and so
spent and finished
I spit out
one more black and rotted tooth
(nightmarish)
into a teacup
I leave next to my empty ashtray
for such purposes
and the music
rests
and puts up its feet
after bringing us all in to a gigantic climax

pain..yes
without a doubt
but it’s a livable misery
and alone
I take it
on the chin
and move on to the next
solitary record album
which will greet the needle
with a smile
as I too
am grinning
and bearing it all
again
for another day














No comments:

Post a Comment