Saturday, January 22, 2011

Radio Show Number 12 -Love-




This weeks theme is love and boy there sure are many love songs out there. I narrowed some of my favorites down to 20 tunes and I hope you agree with me that they are first class love songs...tunes which deal with the issue of love from heartbreak and splitting up to wedded bliss and happiness.  The hardest part of compiling this list of songs was choosing which Otis Redding tunes would be represented. I narrowed them down to three and they sure are three great tracks.   So anyway, pull up your lover and take a seat next to her on the couch and enjoy this episode of my radio show. Here are the songs:

if you see her, say hello – bob Dylan
letting you go – tom petty
why don’t you write me? – simon and Garfunkel
coffee and cigarettes – otis redding
things we said today – the beatles
crying, waiting, hoping – buddy holly
(you’re my) wildest dream – nick lowe
I will dare – the replacements
I want you, I need you, I love you – elvis Presley
I don’t want it – ween
the mayor of simpleton – xtc
picking up the pieces – difford and tilbrook
your molecular structure – mose alison
most likely go your own way – bob Dylan
a wasted life – tom petty
your cheating heart – hank Williams sr.
in my life – the beatles
you’re the one – buddy holly
you don’t miss your water – otis redding
for your precious love – otis redding
     *jettison cornucopia


1 comment:

  1. nice show Kevin,looking forward the the next & the next.smitty

    ReplyDelete