Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yellow, Jagged and Wrong


they are yellow
and
crumbling

I can no longer
chew on my
beloved
Twizzlers
and
in the dentist’s chair
I was told
that I
have a lot going on
in my mouth

poor bastard
having to look inside  that
disgusting orifice
of mine

and smiling
(as I rarely do)
I know
folks are looking deep
at my teeth
screaming
bloody murder
in their heads
echoing inside
that disgusted cranium

if I had my way
(and if I had the money)
I’d have them all
pulled out
to
erase the pain
I am constantly living with
and also
I’d no longer look like
Shane MacGowan
on a bad day

it’s hard knowing
just how
ugly I am
and
that I couldn’t
attract
a moth if I was a flame

this mouth of mine
is my
bad luck charm

if only I had
wooden teeth
so I could
burn them out of
existence

if only I could
yank those stained ivories
out of my gums
forever
so I could smile
(oh, to smile again)

so,
I am stuck with them

jagged and wrong
painful and sharp
discolored and disgusting

my teeth,
the fucking bastards
ruin the day for me
before I can even get out
of the bed

my teeth,
the shame of a
closed mouth smile

lacking a toothy grin
for my adult life

my teeth are
motherfuckers

and now
don’t get me started on
other body parts
or I just may
never
stop complaining

















No comments:

Post a Comment