Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Swear


I want a
Ezekiel
Heart transplant
Please

Take this
Hard stone from my
Rib cage chest
And slap in something
Fleshy
And soft
And kind
And warm

Sew me up with a
Golden floss and
Send me out
Into the world
Where I can
Do wonderful things
Splendid things
And let me fall
In love with you

I’ll take your spirit
I’ll listen to your words
I want to be fully alive now

My vapid muscle will be replaced
Any minute now,
I can feel it coming

Let me beat
Strong and hard for you

My flat-lining life
Is over with the
Slice of your
Scalpel

I want to
Leave the womb
Just one more
Time

But this time
No man in white
Will be slapping my ass

This time
It is up
To me

And I want it

I want this life
Now

You’ll see,
I won’t let you down

I swear




No comments:

Post a Comment