Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lo and Behold!

This gravel rock
Shines like
The diamond
Sidewalks of
New York City

Café Wha?

This just
Slides so well
Down my back

Up my legs
And
Throughout my
Mind

I am
Down in the
Groove

Playing

The generations
Greatest hope

This Jewish kid
With a fuzzy beard
And magical fingers
That
Pick and slice
At the strings

Six

Lo and Behold!
She’s hard and fast
Eats lightning and shit flames
Sleek and groovy

And me
In the basement
With the tapes
Slick as hell
And heavy like a
Ton of bricks

Threading needles
For my arm
Downing Vodka
For my head

The farfisa beat
Is beyond anything that
Comes down
Now a days

My Fano guitar
Plays
Oranges and Lemons
With the twilight sky
And a sliver of a
Green moon above the
Ocean of your choice

Oh yeah
This is really
Happening
Nothing false

C chords and
Barre chords
Dangling off
The telescope stars
And are just
Itching to play
For you

You and I dear

And we sit
Here with a
Punctured speaker
With razor blade menace
And doing
Jig after jig
In the bed

Under the sheets

Above the stars
And
Under the influence
Of the
Nice young
Yet grizzled
Star of David Boy

Praise the glory
Shine a light
Sing out loud
Sin for me
Now

The tank is full
And we have all night
To listen
Simply listen alone
The two of us
As a star explodes
And rains upon us
The dust
Of every note
Ever played
Throughout the years

No comments:

Post a Comment