Monday, January 24, 2011

The Musician


he’ll make music by banging
sticks against empty soda pop bottles
and throwing fistful of dirt onto
tambourines

he does this in his little room
while becoming inspired by his
tasty Tascam recorder
that captures
all of his
magic

we are not talking about overproduced shit
like
Pink Floyd here
or the minimalism of
punk
but more
intriguing sounds that
will bring a smile to my face

lyrics and rhythm
sounds with melody

I like what he brings to the table
at least it is
downright original...
so original that he’ll
never make a penny off it
but
he doesn’t give two rats asses about the green stuff
(other kind of green stuff..yes..but not the
government  kind)

so I ring him up again
on my stereo here
and listen in
tapping my toe
and snapping my fingers
as the  guitar is mangled to the point of beauty
and I believe all can be right in the world
when I hear him
playing on
and
on






No comments:

Post a Comment