Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Last Thoughts On Woody Guthrie by Bob Dylan

    I do not like rhyming  poetry...at all...but this...this is something else. This is a great tribute to Woody Guthrie done only the way old Bob could do it...with a sense of humor and hammering down the phonies and cheapskates in the word....the "Bubblegum Goons."      I am a huge Bob Dylan fan and I feel this is one of his most important works. I wish he would have done more poetry like this in his career.
     This is a great poem that I think you should give a shot. I bet you'll be hooked once it begins. So, have a listen and enjoy when Bob Dylan could do no wrong.       
      Oh yeah...if you want a copy of this for yourself it is on the Bootleg Series Volume 1.

1 comment:

  1. I, on the other hand...love a good rhyme, love a good rhythm,but don't you frown,do not fret,we haven't reach that part.....(wait for it)-O.k.
    YET!it's got a good pace,sort of an "even flow",
    make you tap yo'foot,make you wiggle your..your,
    shall we move on, cause i can only guess?....that
    only god Knows..( sorry for teasing & making you
    rhyme,for being cute...and wasting time. still can't sleep I LOVE dylan for giving me a "woody"

    ReplyDelete